Burren Birds of Prey which opened in 2008 is set against the most stunning backdrops the Burren can offer. This exciting development at Aillwee Cave raises the profile of the Burren itself and the region from an environment, educational and conversational viewpoint.
The Centre offers:
- LARGEST and most varied collection of Birds of Prey in the country.
- HOME to Eagles, Falcons Hawks and Owls from all over the globe.
- BREEDING PAIRS that provide a unique opportunity to see these birds up close in specially designed pens.
- INTERACTIVE information boards provide further insight into all aspects of Birds of Prey.
- EDUCATION AND INFORMATION in ancient art of Falconry raise awareness of indigenous species and the environmental issues involved in their protection and conservation.
- HELPING RAPTOR CONVERSATION In Ireland raising funds and staff volunteering for the Red Kite re-introduction programme. Fund Raising and staff volunteering with Vulture Conservation in Nepal.
- FLYING DISPLAYS that provide the opportunity to see many species in dramatic flight from Aillwee Mountain.
- HAWK WALKS which are a guided walk with experienced handlers giving opportunity to handle, fly and feed your very own hawk, an unique opportunity to interact with nature, approx 1 hour.